Besan Burfi | Chickpea Dessert
A quick and easy dessert that could be made with a very few ingredients found in your pantry. This burfi is a simple dish that ca be prepared on any occasion like for festivals, at a pot luck (party dessert), a quick dessert to entertain over night guests, or occasions when you crave for sweets.
1 cup Besan or chickpea flour
2 cups clarified butter or ghee ( or vegan butter)
3 cups milk, reduced fat or whole milk (coconut milk for vegans)
3 cups of sugar, increase or decrease to taste
1/2 cup blanched almond flour (or cashew/ any nut powder)
1. Combine all the above mentioned ingredients in a pan and mix them throughly until well combined.
2. Turn on the heat to a medium flame ad continuously stir the mixture for about 15- 20 minutes.
3. By then you can observe the ghee separating from the mixture and all the contents form into one lump.
4. Continue to stir well for another 5 minutes or as much desired (to get a thick burfi consistency).
5. Pour the mixture onto a ghee greased plate and spread the burfi evenly using a cup or a flat spatula.
6. Allow the burfi to cool down for about 25 minutes and cut them into pieces. Besan Burfi is ready to be served and devoured.