Spring Mix Greens Tambuli | Spring Mix Greens Yogurt Cold Soup | Gut Friendly Probiotic Drink |
Spring Mix Greens Tambuli 🌿🌿A refreshing yogurt based cold soup can be eaten alone or along with rice. Tambuli can be prepared in various ways using herbs, spices and greens of your choice. I have tried gooseberry, spinach, mixed greens, ginger and Italian oregano Tambuli. It basically helps in digestion and absorption of the other nutrients into our bodies. It is also eaten to ward off excess body heat. This is a traditional dish made in most parts of Karnataka. 🌿Tambuli is known to keep us cool and hydrated during Spring and Summer.
Ghee or oil - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp (coarsely crushed)
Black Peppercorns - 1 tbsp ( coarsely crushed)
Hing or Asofoetida - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig (optional)
Ginger - 1/4 tsp (grated) optional
Spring Mix Greens - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Freshly Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Greek Yogurt - 1 cup (or any dairy free yogurt)
Water - 1 cup
1. Heat a pan and add oil or ghee and once it warms add crushed cumin seeds and crushed peppercorns and wait for it to toast.
2. Now, add Hing, curry leaves(skip it if you don’t have it on hand) and ginger (optional, if you don’t like the strong ginger taste you may skip). Sauté for a few seconds.
3. Add the Greens and cook till the leaves wilt and the rawness is gone. Keep it aside to cool.
4. Once the Greens cool down, transfer it into a blender jar and add yogurt and coconut into it. Blend well.
5. Add water as much needed or a cup of water to thin the mixture into a soup like consistency. You may serve now with extra yogurt or salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Note : If you would like to pair it with rice you may try this extra step.
Heat ghee or oil in a pan and add a 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, allow it to splutter and add a pinch of Hing. Add this tempering on top of the prepared Tambuli/Soup and then serve along with your favorite rice.