Mango and Rose Popscicle
Summer season is almost culminating. It's about time to enjoy all the season's best and fresh fruits and vegetable bounties from the farmer's market.
I was inspired to prepare this recipe by the wonderful roses that were almost completely dry and sitting on my kitchen counter ready to be made into Gulkand (Jam) and a box full of Mangoes from Costco. There came an urge to try out a new twist into our favorite Mango Rasayana (Milkshake). I prepared the Rose Gulkand and added it into our Mango Milkshake. Voila, it turned out so tasty and so decadent. Everybody started asking for more. Only then I realized it would make it even tastier when I added a couple more ingredients and turned it into popsicles for our hot afternoon treat.
Recipe goes like this
2 Mango Pulp (any variety, average size)
1/2 cup Milk (any milk of your choice, I used Almond milk)
2 Tbsp Rose Gulkand (or rose jam)
a pinch of cardamom (optional)
a few drops of rose essence (optional)
1. In a blender or food processor, blend mango and milk into a thick milkshake (alter the thickness by adding more milk, if required).
2. Mix in the Gulkand and pulse a couple of times to incorporate.
3. Add cardamom and rose essence and combine well.
4. Pour into Popsicle molds and set it in the freezer overnight or 4-6 hours to completely set.
5. Once set, remove popsicles from the mold and enjoy refreshing and flavorful Mango and Rose Popsicles as a treat on a hot summer afternoon.