Whole Grain Lentil Pasta with Vegetable Sauce | Quick and Easy Meal
Here is a weeknight meal which is not only wholesome and hearty but also a very tasty and nutritious meal. It is a very quick and easy recipe for weekdays or lunch box meal.
Kids will love this pasta and if not, will want more!
Recipe goes like this:
Serves 3-4 people
2 cups - Whole Grain Lentil Pasta (cooked Al Dente, optionally you could use any type of preferred pasta)
2 or 3 - Tomatoes (medium size, roughly chopped)
1 - Carrot (large size, roughly chopped)
1 - Red Bell Pepper (medium sized of any color, roughly chopped)
1 - Zucchini (sliced)
1/4 cup - Asparagus (cut into 1" length pieces or sliced)
1 tbsp - Mixed Herbs (of your choice, I used Basil, Oregano and Thyme)
2 tbsp - Ghee or any Vegetable Oil of choice, Ooptional
Salt to taste
1 tsp - Black pepper (freshly ground)
1/2 tsp - Dried red chili flakes, Optional (alter as per your liking)
1/4 cup - Cashew Milk (any milk of your choice, I would prefer almond/cashew milk or whole milk if using dairy)
1/4 cup - Mozzarella Cheese (shredded, or any vegan cheese of your choice), Optional
1 tsp - Garlic (freshly minced, alter according to your liking), Optional
1. Boil the Pasta along with salt, as per the instructions till al dente.
2. Alongside, Heat a pan and add ghee/oil (optional), and add garlic (optional), carrot, red bell pepper, zucchini, asparagus, tomatoes and salt as per taste (remember, the boiled pasta also has some salt). Saute' and roast the vegetables untill they are cooked (I prefer a little crunch in the vegetables, and stop sautéing after half way done).
3. Now add the red chili flakes, black pepper and herbs mixture into the vegetables and give it a mix.
4. At this point add cashew milk and into the sautéed vegetables and allow it to boil once.
5. Mix in the boiled Pasta into the pan and turn off the heat after a minute and add the cheese on top (cheese is optional) and serve creamy pasta hot along with a grilled veggie sandwich or any bread of choice, or topped with a little drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
Note: If you don't prefer oil/ghee and dairy, you may of this recipe and still enjoy a great tasting easy peasy Pasta lunch or dinner. Many a times, I throw in all the ingredients into a large pot on stove and cook the meal in less than 15 minutes. It is a bliss to have this comfort food when you are back home after a tiring day.